6.14.2011

My First Quilt!

I was Stumbling along a few weeks ago and came across this tutorial for a gorgeous modern quilt, by Moda Bake Shop.  BTW, if you don't know what Stumbling is I highly recommend you figure it out, although I must warn you that it may waste many hours.  Anyway, I knew I had to make it so I decided to give it a try.  The tutorial was a great guide, very clear and easy to follow.  I ended up not using the pre-cut Jellyroll bundles, instead I picked out all my prints and hand cut them.

I made the quilt for my best friends baby shower gift and since I had spent a million hours making the quilt I thought it needed an extra special gift wrap.  I found a nice box at Michaels, painted the top white and made rosettes with the scraps form the quilt.  I thought about doing a rosette tutorial in this entry but I feel like every craft blog on the internet has the same rosette tutorial.  In an effort to be slightly unconventional I'm banning the rosette tutorial from my blog.  But, here is the box for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog, Suskia! I just tweeted about it on Twitter. My blog is on vacation through June. Would love to feature you when it returns in July. Great work! Love all the good info that you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats my blankie!!!! Yay for Estelle! Also, your thank you card is on its way...its super special.:)

    ReplyDelete